Pat Trevor’s Eccleshall

Staffordshire’s Senior Museums Officer, Chris Copp, makes a return visit to the vast archive of Eccleshall’s Pat Trevor, now at Staffs Past Track

Here is another dip into Pat Trevor’s marvellous collection of photographs of Eccleshall and district. There are many other images from Pat’s collections on the Staffordshire Past Track website (www.staffspasttrack.org.uk).
If you have any images to lend, or any extra information, please contact the Past Track team: Staffordshire Past Track, Staffordshire Archives & Heritage, Shugborough, Milford, Stafford ST17 0XB. Telephone 01889 881388. email: past.track@staffordshire.gov.uk.

Walton Hall, near Eccleshall, 1915-1930.   A postcard view published by E.J. Hurlstone of Eccleshall. Walton Hall is an Italian style 19th-century country house near Eccleshall, Staffordshire which is occupied by a  residential special school. It is a Grade II listed building built in about 1848 for Henry Killick (died 1874) who was High Sheriff of Staffordshire in 1862.     It was later occupied by James Cadman DSC (1828-1947) a coal mining engineer, and brother of Baron Cadman James was High Sheriff in 1933 and Deputy Lieutenant.  The school which currently occupies the site utilises the main hall ground floor for post-16 classes. Upper floors are used for residence.    The old coaching house is now known as the Cyril Jones Centre and meets the needs of more complex children. In the late 1960s early 1970s a day school was also built on the campus.
Walton Hall, near Eccleshall, 1915-1930.
A postcard view published by E.J. Hurlstone of Eccleshall. Walton Hall is an Italian style 19th-century country house near Eccleshall, Staffordshire which is occupied by a residential special school. It is a Grade II listed building built in about 1848 for Henry Killick (died 1874) who was High Sheriff of Staffordshire in 1862.
It was later occupied by James Cadman DSC (1828-1947) a coal mining engineer, and brother of Baron Cadman James was High Sheriff in 1933 and Deputy Lieutenant. The school which currently occupies the site utilises the main hall ground floor for post-16 classes. Upper floors are used for residence.
The old coaching house is now known as the Cyril Jones Centre and meets the needs of more complex children. In the late 1960s early 1970s a day school was also built on the campus.
Motorcyclists, somewhere near Eccleshall, 1930s.  In the centre is Leslie Davies of Croxton who died during the Second World War.
Motorcyclists, somewhere near Eccleshall, 1930s.
In the centre is Leslie Davies of Croxton who died during the Second World War.

 

London House, Eccleshall, early 1990s. London House stands on the north side of the High Street, Eccleshall and was built in 1717 for a mercer. At the time of the photograph it was occupied by Goodfellows general stores. It is now the London House Indian Restaurant, opened in 2007.
London House, Eccleshall, early 1990s.
London House stands on the north side of the High Street, Eccleshall and was built in 1717 for a mercer. At the time of the photograph it was occupied by Goodfellows general stores. It is now the London House Indian Restaurant, opened in 2007.
Claremonte House, Eccleshall, 1950s.  Claremonte House stood on Stone Road (formerly Chebsey Lane). It no longer stands and the site is now occupied by the modern housing of Badger's Croft. A small farm stood opposite which is also now the site of a housing estate.
Claremonte House, Eccleshall, 1950s.
Claremonte House stood on Stone Road (formerly Chebsey Lane). It no longer stands and the site is now occupied by the modern housing of Badger’s Croft. A small farm stood opposite which is also now the site of a housing estate.
Greaves’ butchers shop, Eccleshall, early 1970s.   Eccleshall Charities Committee stall standing outside Stanley Greaves' butchers shop. The Charities Committee is now known as the Eccleshall Trust.
Greaves’ butchers shop, Eccleshall, early 1970s.
Eccleshall Charities Committee stall standing outside Stanley Greaves’ butchers shop. The Charities Committee is now known as the Eccleshall Trust.