All Saints, Sandon, Staffordshire has successfully secured a grant of £52,300 from the Government’s Listed Places of Worship Roof Repair Fund to address urgent roof repairs that will ensure that it is weathertight, safe and open for use.
It is one of 502 grants from a total funding package of £30 million that have been announced for urgent roof repairs for places of worship across the UK by the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
The Fund is administered by the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) on behalf of the Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS). They appreciate the support given to the application by Bill Cash MP
The work will entail …
1) Re-roofing the south pitch of the south Aisle
2) Re-roofing both pitches of the Porch
3) New gutters and downspouts to the Porch
4) Repairs to the south Gablet window and surround (at the end of the balcony on the south side of the Chancel)
5) In the Tower Bell Chamber repairs to wooden louvres, fitting of gale breaker in wooded frames at the 4 openings on the Bell Frame, descaling the rust and painting the frame
All Saints will be raising £5,000 to add to the grant to fund the total cost of the works of £57,300