A HOST OF GIANT TOMBOLAS TO HELP RAISE MUCH NEEDED FUNDS FOR THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS TRUST
Organisers and volunteers are to hold a summer of special events across the North Staffordshire region to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Running from early July through to early September, the giant tombola’s will feature at many fairs, carnivals and shows across the county, helping to raise awareness and money for the Trust.
North West Midlands Cystic Fibrosis Centre is just one area to potentially benefit from the fundraising efforts and supports local people with cystic fibrosis across North Staffordshire and Shropshire, the centre offers a transition programme from child to adult care – a crucial step to support people with CF and their families.
Cystic fibrosis is a life-shortening genetic condition – only half live to celebrate their 40th birthday. It causes the internal organs, especially the lungs and digestive system, to become clogged with thick sticky mucus, resulting in chronic infections and inflammation of the lungs.
Serena Wilson, Community Development Fundraising Manager for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, says: “Fran Foster and the North Staffordshire Branch have arranged a great few months of very important fundraising activities. We are very grateful to them for organising and running these events for us. Money raised by them will enable the Cystic Fibrosis Trust to invest in cutting-edge research to develop better treatments and, ultimately beat it for good.
* Sunday 26 July, 11am–5pm, Giant Special Tombola (Stoke on Trent, Tunstall Carnival, Victoria Park, ST6 6BD)
* Sunday 26 July, 11am–4:30pm, Special Tombola (Midsummer Mayhem, Lyme Valley Parkway, Newcastle-under-Lyme)
* Saturday 8 August, 11am–4pm, Giant Special Tombola (Stoke South Carnival, Fenton Park, Victoria Road, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2HQ
* Saturday 8 August 8, 1pm–4pm, Stall (Sandon Fete, Sandon, ST18 0DN)
* Saturday 29 August, 11:30am–5:30pm, Giant Special Tombola (MOD Stafford Open Day, Beacon Barracks, Stafford, ST18 0FZ)
* Saturday 5 September, 10:30am–4pm, Giant Special Tombola plus stalls (Eccleshall Show, The Showground, Sugnall Park on the B5076 Road, ST21 6NF)