After an absence of 19 months, St Michael’s Community Hall finally has its identity back.
A new, lightweight sign has replaced the original reinforced concrete sign that became dislodged in June 2014. The new sign, fabricated and erected by Stafford Signs Ltd, needed planning permission as it now incorporates the word “Community”. The Hall is now known as St Michaels Community Hall, and is recognised by the Charity Commission as such, reflecting its complete independence from the nearby church of St Michael and St Wulfad.
Indeed, the hall was built as a working mens club and replaced a previous building in Abbey Street in 1911. It is home to Stone Revellers Musical Theatre, Revellation Choir, a keep fit class, and is used by the church for Messy Church, a very popular activity, as well as Drop In lunches.
The hall is managed by three trustees and a committee. Enquiries regarding the hire of the hall, (which is NOT licensed to sell alcohol) can be made to email@example.com