Fire investigation officers have confirmed a fire at a car dealership overnight (Wednesday, November 6) was accidental.

Crews were called to the Land Rover dealership on Mustang Drive, Stafford at 7.49pm. Six pumps from Stafford, Cannock, Stone,Penkridge, Longton and Eccleshall attended along with the Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP) from Longton. Firefighters using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets put out the fire with the last appliance leaving the scene at 8.45am today. A number of vehicles were damaged in the blaze.

Group Manager Brian Moss said:

“The fire started in the workshop and was caused by fuel vapour igniting. Cleaners were in the building at the time. As soon as the fire started, they got out and called us, which is exactly what we advise people to do in circumstances like this. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and we were able to bring the fire under control.”